What's new

Found a gold coin! And it was on my property!

crabstang44

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
885
Reaction score
5,002
Golden Thread
2
Location
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Makro racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just recently moved to my new house a couple months ago, it was built in 1910, detected my front yard right after I moved and didn't find much, finally decided to check my small backyard and BAM! It's 1874 c. 10 mark, I guess it's German, my first gold anything and on my own property. Wander if who lost it moved from there.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 314
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    83.6 KB · Views: 323
Upvote 75
Start digging for more, likely a big chest full of them buried nearby!

:tchest::thumbsup:
 
Good score on the gold coin.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Start digging for more, likely a big chest full of them buried nearby!

:tchest::thumbsup:
i
I wish, but only this and a decorated buckle and a wheat
 
Nice coin. Looks like it fell out of a jewelry mount.
 
Your making some incredible finds ....Congrats
 
Excellent find!..congrats.
 
It's funny how my best finds have been found within shouting distance of my house
 
Congrats on your gold coin find looks to be in great condition.

Texas ED
 
You never know what is in the ground. I am always amazed! Congrats on the gold!
 
VERY beautiful!! The condition is amazing!!

How far down was it?
 
VERY beautiful!! The condition is amazing!!

How far down was it?

about 6, coins come out real nice in my stretch of the neighborhood, plus its high ground so the soil stays dry
 
Last edited:
Very nice. Maybe it wasn't alone out there !
 
I am glad to see somebody in NC is killing it.

Belt plate, capped coin and now this... you have had a very good week!

Best of luck to you sir.
 
Just shows you....gold can be anywhere! Great find! Hope you get another!!
 
I am glad to see somebody in NC is killing it.

Belt plate, capped coin and now this... you have had a very good week!

Best of luck to you sir.
thanks, let me know if you ever head this way
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom