What's new

Found a Made in China Gold Ring that Resembles Costume Jewelry

scaupus

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2011
Messages
900
Reaction score
540
Golden Thread
0
Location
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a ring I found at dusk on Tuesday. I couldn't see a karat mark on the band, and it had a cheap, flashy appearance. At the time, I figured it was costume jewelry.

I forgot about it, and the next day I pulled it from my pants pocket while doing laundry. It felt a little heavy for a ring that was sheet metal thin for the most part, so I checked it with a loupe. I found cartouches on both sides just inside the hollow area behind the face of the ring . One said "CZ 14k" and the other said "Made in China".

woohoo.

Good thing I recovered it from my laundry. I really need to be less careless with finds I haven't properly checked out yet.

15 - 1.webp
4.06 grams 14k w/CZ's.

china%u00252Bring.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 8
Congrats on your ring find!

If it said made in China I'd be skeptical, but if it tested out as actual gold cool!
 
Yeah fake diamonds with real gold happens I recall a ring back in the late 1980s that was 14k with a CZ stone. A test kit is handy in these situations, still any ring find is nice, if it looks good then it is even better ! :occasion14:
 
Congrats on your ring find!

If it said made in China I'd be skeptical, but if it tested out as actual gold cool!


So, I acid tested and it passed.


Btw, I've found a few pieces of "made in china" vermeil and silver marked sterling, and they all tested as sterling. This is the first Chinese gold I've found, and it's tested real too. I've heard skepticism about Chinese jewelry before, but my experience hasn't given me any reason to expect a problem from it.
 
Yeah fake diamonds with real gold happens I recall a ring back in the late 1980s that was 14k with a CZ stone. A test kit is handy in these situations, still any ring find is nice, if it looks good then it is even better ! :occasion14:

Back in November, I found a small 14k ring with a big stone, I got excited. But...inside the band it was marked CZ 14k. That made me sad. ???

I've seen 14k jewelry with CZ's for sale online, in particular I remember a website with Russian CZ's.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom