Attachments

• IMG_20160504_124329.jpg
    IMG_20160504_124329.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 980

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tree don't look old enough (at least to me) for the information to be useful?

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is something to the 'marks, I would take lots of Pictures (for future references-just in-case something happened).
If you feel a pic might not do it justice because of the marks fading- you might try placing paper over them and rubbing lightly with pencil or chalk?

I'd try making a large map of the area and then place the marks where they go on the new map and then see if you can come up with something maybe?

If it was me placing those marks ...standing next to that tree.. I know I'd still be able to see where I was going for my next placing of marks OR Where I've been already- did that make sense (lol)?

Just some thoughts.

OP
OP
G

growdude

Dec 26, 2004
I took pics and compass readings which have led me to other trees and stone carvings .some are very very old.still searching the area but I think it's leading me to a cave.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find. Looking forward to hearing where it leads you!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a marker tree in North ala has I heart pic Jesse James and an Indian Head with two feathers and three tear drops coming from eye also has a Spanish helmit above Indians head tree is at least a couple hundred years old or more.

Go in the direction the Indian is looking. There should be something in a "J" formation. The treasure will be at one end of the straight line in the "J" either at the top or at the top of the hook. Also if you could get a better focused photograph I may be able to tell you how far and how deep. The distance most likely is how many feathers on top of the Indian's Head. This could be an Indian cache made before the trail of tears?

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That photo looks like it was taken with an antique camera, or from a book. Any chance of a better photo?

OP
OP
G

growdude

Dec 26, 2004
The pic was taken on an old instamatic camera,im try to get it enhanced ,the carving was not put that high when it was done the tree has grown for a long time after it was done.thanks for the tips on the feathers .Iand the j.i was looking for everyone s thoughts on the meaning of the 3 feathers and the 3 teardrops .and the Spanish helmit above the Indian s head it's not on it but above and offset.the inscription says I then a carved heart then Jesse James and it is below the Indians head.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Is this on your own land, or the land of someone you know?

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if its an old marking on the bark of the tree, as the tree grows all etchings on the tree bark would have expanded and skewed as the tree and bark expanded and grew

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tree was young and short when marking cut into it. Good hunting and good luck.

Trees grow upwards from the top, not from the base. Anything carved on the lower part of the tree today will still be on the lower part of the tree 100 years from now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions