Electricbutter

Jul 4, 2017
Turners Falls Ma
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve found a few non metallic items in the hole nut this is my best so far. There was a piece of tin directly under the egg. What are the chances? I thought it was plastic at first but after a bit of research I wanna say it’s a Victorian Hand blown milk glass egg. Love this hobby.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1574907311.244962.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1574907334.411838.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1574907359.143981.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1574907368.756746.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1574907483.415396.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1574907483.415396.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 17
glass eggs were sometimes used for chicken snakes as well

These were common right into the 1940s I think. I found lots of them around old abandoned chicken coops.

That's Crazy!!! When I first started raising chickens I put golf balls in the nesting boxes :tongue3:

That's Crazy!!! When I first started raising chickens I put golf balls in the nesting boxes :tongue3:

As a kid we had Bantam chickens. One day I was in the garage and I came across a very young Bantam hen sitting on a clutch of round wooden drawer knobs:icon_scratch:. Had shoo her away and stash the wooden knobs so that she would not spend eternity there.

Wow! As surprise egg. That's a cool find. I like the buckle also. Congrats!

I keep a golf ball in our chicken's nest boxes. This past summer a chicken snake got in the hen house and swallowed a golf ball. My wife got the ball back. The snake didn't survive the surgery.

These were common right into the 1940s I think. I found lots of them around old abandoned chicken coops.

Cool! I could this one next to a cellar hole probably where the chicken coop was. Thanks

I keep a golf ball in our chicken's nest boxes. This past summer a chicken snake got in the hen house and swallowed a golf ball. My wife got the ball back. The snake didn't survive the surgery.

I’ve read that these were used as a snake trap of sort. The snake would eat it then it would break inside. Ouch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back