Found a mini Cache!

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing to write to mother about, but still a good find none the less. Was at my grandmothers house looking for older keys that my little cousin (who's 6) lost a few weeks back. I had a quarter signal and dug about two inches and found this: IMG_1955.JPG
One of those rubber wallets/purses. Opened it up once I got home and the surprise...IMG_1956.JPG
Coin Jackpot!!!:hello2::headbang: After sifting through the dirt, this was what was in there:
IMG_1957.JPG
8 quarters, 2 nickels, 6 dimes and 6 pennies, nothing special. On a side note, I believe that this rubber wallet was lost sometime in the year 2000 because two pennies and a quarter have the year 2000 minted on them which is the latest year of all the other coins. Thanks for viewing! Good luck and happy hunting from the Granite state!!:skullflag:

Upvote 7
Hehh :) Nice find :thumbsup: Last cache like that I found only thing left of the coin purse was the clasp and it was all 1970's vintage.

Good job.... does a horse / oxen shoe cache count.... Come on Frank and help me out... I know, NOTTTTTTTTTT.

Cool find...I think it counts as a lost cache all the way...two inches is a bit shallow for burying one though....I'd have probably thought it out more and at least buried it six inches and made a double secret secret anti codebreaker map to go with it so I could find it someday.

Cool find...I think it counts as a lost cache all the way...two inches is a bit shallow for burying one though....I'd have probably thought it out more and at least buried it six inches and made a double secret secret anti codebreaker map to go with it so I could find it someday.

I don't think it was buried on purpose. I believe that it simply fell out and over the years with traffic, found it's way under the earth. Either way, never found that many coins in one place so I believe it still counts.

I wish your cache had been from the 30s or 40s and they were all shiny silver coins inside. That would have had you doing a Diggers Dance!

Nice find, I would have been like a kid opening a present dumping those coins out. Sweet find

Nice cache find!

Is does count. Limitool if it's the horse/oxen, doing the finding! You training them for something we don't know about?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back