What's new

Found a new (to me) bank and got solid rolls....

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
1,620
Reaction score
1,886
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...of uncirculated 1974D pennies? Anybody interested? They had a bunch (~20 rolls). I picked up 4 rolls because...well...why not? I wish they were solid rolls of an error. They also emptied their machine of halves. $29.00 got 5 40%ers and a 1970 Walking Liberty (5 French Francs). Here are some pics:

IMG_0241.webp IMG_0242.webp

IMG_0238.webp

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Upvote 0
Nice score ! I got one of those same French Francs today in a quarter roll.
 
I think yours is a 1 Franc Rich. I've gotten one of those as well, and this is my second 5 Franc. I think the 5 is too big to fit into a quarter roll, although it is a tad bit smaller than a half.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Just a note, that isn't Liberty. Last thing I would say when referring to the French. :laughing7:
 
I do like the design of the Franc.. wish our mint would go back to making a full figured (not fat) woman instead of a presidential portrait.. it makes the coin more collectable
 
You might be able to make a few quick bucks if there is a reputable dealer in the area. I'd stop back and buy them all. Cheap investment and might be able to double your money with little effort. It does seem like an odd year to have 20 rolls from. Did you inquire about any other coins that may have come in with that lot?

Maine_Jim
 
I didn't ask about others. I only thought about that after I'd left. I was just wanting to get a box of pennies, and the teller showed me those, so I just bought the 4 rolls. I opened one to make sure that that's what they are. I'll probably be picking up the rest here in a bit and I'll ask about others as well.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom