Found a Unicorn and an 1800โ€™s Indian!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so I had a little time after I got done with a job and wanted to go back to the Silver town, but I was limited on time. So I found an oldie here local that I know has been hunted before. I still wanted to see if I could pull something they missed!
Sure enough I got two tokens in the back yard, and when I got to the front I was like pretty sure thatโ€™s all I was gonna get that theyโ€™d missed. The fronts are usually always hammered! Up by the hedges close to the house on the right side of the sidewalk I got a nice 94-95 solid signal . Dug it out at about 7โ€, and it was a Cool old Unicorn.
Just about to wrap up the front and leave and I got a nice deep target hitting in the Indian/Zinc range(84-87), but faint and solid. This one was about 8โ€ deep. I had to go and couldnโ€™t make it out when I pulled it out so I stuck it in My finds container and had to leave.
When I got home I may have been a little excited to see if it was a Wheat or an Indian, cause Iโ€™ve gotten Wheats with these numbers before. Sure enough as soon as I got it out I could see the Wreath on the back side. Yes!!๐Ÿ˜
After using a toothpick I got the date of 1893!!! I like it when that happens ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting !!!
IMG_7275.jpeg
IMG_7277.jpeg
IMG_7278.jpeg
IMG_7280.jpeg
IMG_7281.jpeg
IMG_7283.jpeg
IMG_7282.jpeg

Upvote 28
OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff. It wasn't cold out detecting?
In the mid 40โ€™s. The cold here doesnโ€™t bother Me that bad here, with a hoodie and gloves it wasnโ€™t bad๐Ÿ˜
Love the unicorn! What's the token with the cowboy? Tokens fascinate me for some reason. ๐Ÿ™‚
IMG_7290.jpeg
IMG_7289.jpeg
IMG_7291.png

The other one is a Missouri Sales Tax Receipt.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Cuda74

Jan 9, 2021
North Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec II, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the unicorn! What's the token with the cowboy? Tokens fascinate me for some reason. ๐Ÿ™‚
The token is an Uncle Sam play money piece. Probably 1940 to 50 time frame. I just found one myself in a city park.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the IH. I love finding those. You hunt looks and sounds a lot like mine lately. I've been knocking on doors of early 1900's house like that on with big old trees in the yard. Keep finding lots of wheats, and on four of the properties I find a IH, but I didnt realize it until I get home. Those IH's make my day.
Great post. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread