What's new

Found an 1899 IHC and a 1949D Washingrton Today. Not Bad for February!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,207
Reaction score
8,028
Golden Thread
1
Location
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ground has thawed and it's really saturated right now, so I had to go hunting today. Decided to go to the baseball field where I got a 1941 Walker half and it paid off. I managed to pull out an 1899 IH and a 1949D Washington quarter. Also got a 1936 wheatie as a bonus.

The IH is in pretty good shape, but the silver Washington has some sort of crud on it. Can't seem to get it off. Not a key date, so I'll just leave it alone for now.

Here's a few pics:

1899 ihc.webp1899 ihc back.webp1949 washington front.webp1949 washington back.webp
 
Upvote 18
Any day with silver is a good day
 
Great mid winter finds here in Rhode Island.
 
Sharp looking Indian. Congrats on some good keepers!
 
Sweet IH and silver[emoji106]
 
Sounds like a good day to me :occasion14:
 
Thanks guys! Of course, all good things must come to an end here in New England. Looks like we're going to get 4-8 inches of snow tonight and then it's going to go back to normal temps (20's and 30's). Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...
 
I like hos silver comes out of the ground clean and easy to clean most times. Also I think we get a few more inches in depth when the ground is wet Awesome finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom