D darrinm3 Tenderfoot Joined Oct 12, 2017 Messages 3 Reaction score 5 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 12, 2017 #1 Can anyone help ID or date this axe? I'll be using electrolysis to remove the rust when I move in January, but until then it sits like this. It was found in Zaleski, Ohio. Any help is appreciated Upvote 0
Can anyone help ID or date this axe? I'll be using electrolysis to remove the rust when I move in January, but until then it sits like this. It was found in Zaleski, Ohio. Any help is appreciated
Chiltepin Sr. Member Joined Sep 25, 2017 Messages 295 Reaction score 363 Golden Thread 0 Location Southwest US Detector(s) used BH Time Ranger Primary Interest: Other Oct 12, 2017 #2 Cool find! Congratulations on your first find. My first find was a 6" piece of rebar.
D darrinm3 Tenderfoot Joined Oct 12, 2017 Messages 3 Reaction score 5 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 12, 2017 Thread Owner #3 Thanks!! We found this and an old horse shoe. I can't wait to clean em up!
D digginNdreamin Jr. Member Joined Nov 21, 2016 Messages 21 Reaction score 18 Golden Thread 0 Location North carolina Detector(s) used Xp deus Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 22, 2017 #4 It looks like an early roofing hammer to me..Nice recovery and much success to you my friend..
meb9054 Jr. Member Joined May 16, 2012 Messages 64 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Oct 29, 2017 #6 Probably what it will look like when you clean it up, it looks like old time shake/shingle hatchet
D darrinm3 Tenderfoot Joined Oct 12, 2017 Messages 3 Reaction score 5 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 14, 2017 Thread Owner #7 That actually is the closest thing I've seen yet! I just now ordered the power supply to run electrolysis, so it should be here next week!
That actually is the closest thing I've seen yet! I just now ordered the power supply to run electrolysis, so it should be here next week!
RustyGold Gold Member Joined Aug 16, 2013 Messages 9,510 Reaction score 11,223 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern California Detector(s) used XP Deus I & II Xterra Elite Xterra Pro Primary Interest: Other Dec 14, 2017 #8 Very cool find. Congratulations!