What's new

Found another 2 cent coin...well kinda lol

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2011
Messages
1,637
Reaction score
785
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS 2, GPX 4500 and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, XP DEUS, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very first signal I dig, I get this shredded looking 2 center with the middle missing, it looks like it's an 1864 which would be nice cause I found the 1865 one about 6 feet from this one. Even though I wish it would be whole lol still a neat find and now my oldest coin found, beating the 1865 2 center haha
 

Attachments

  • 2 cent no middle.webp
    2 cent no middle.webp
    21 KB · Views: 189
Upvote 0
Looks like somebody was playing the coin-shooting trick.
 
Hmmm....you not joking huh...lol very neat find:thumbsup:
 
that's pretty cool
 
How weird! And cool!
 
Very first signal I dig, I get this shredded looking 2 center with the middle missing, it looks like it's an 1864 which would be nice cause I found the 1865 one about 6 feet from this one. Even though I wish it would be whole lol still a neat find and now my oldest coin found, beating the 1865 2 center haha

Tell the truth. You were tired and you put a "small nick" right through the coin! LOL

Interesting find!

HH
 
Well that's gotta be a first.
 
I almost threw it away too, I thought it was one of those metal key rings until I uncovered the dirt around it, and was amazed that it was a 2 cent with the middle missing lol
 
I almost threw it away too, I thought it was one of those metal key rings until I uncovered the dirt around it, and was amazed that it was a 2 cent with the middle missing lol

It's a lesson in disguise. Always clean and investigate everything before you toss it out. I save anything that looks like it might even be a piece of something. I've pieced together spurs from tiny pieces found in plowed fields. Some don't look like anything but a small piece of cast brass.

Neat find.


-Buck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom