What's new

Found Coin

trusty

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2007
Messages
340
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
A friend got this in change. I thought it might be Polish. Anyone know what it is & value, if any.
Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • unk1.webp
    unk1.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 295
  • unk2.webp
    unk2.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 297
Nope, it is Austrian. I don't think Poland existed in 1911.
 
Upvote 0
l.cutler said:
Nope, it is Austrian. I don't think Poland existed in 1911.

Yup, Austrian 2 Heller.
 
Upvote 0
l.cutler said:
Nope, it is Austrian. I don't think Poland existed in 1911.

Even when it was The Holy Roman Empire there was still a region of Polska known as Polska (they still don't call it "Poland" in Poland). Here is a map of the region in 1000 AD.

300px-Polska_992_-_1025.png
 
Upvote 0
There was a hundred twenty something year period when Poland did not exist as a country, from the 1790's until the end of WWI when it was reestablished as a nation. Poland's Independence Day is Nov. 11, Armistice Day.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom