What's new

Found Fiirst Flat Buttons

rfloyd5

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2016
Messages
46
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Found a flat button today in some woods in Baltimore Maryland. I am still cleaning it, but so far I can see the word SuperFine on it. And what looks to be some kind of seal on the lower part of the button. The other Flat button does not seem to have any markings on it.

I searched the forums and found somebody posting the date to be around 1800ish on the SuperFine button. Would this be correct. if it is this will be the oldest thing I have ever found.

Thanks everybody.

Also forgot to add. Both buttons have no markings on the front.

IMG_3259.webp
 
Upvote 2
SUPER FINE - EARLY 1800s+
THE OTHER 1700s
 
Congrats on your first. One of my favorite finds is a flat button with offset shank still intact. Holding something in your hand that someone from the 1700's held is just an incredible feeling.
 
How can I tell if the button is from the early 1700. Is there a good book /or Wiki or something I can read about.

WOW and great info you guys gave me this morning. To be holding something that old. I would love to know the story that button could tell.

You all started me off on a great day today.
Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom