Found.....hatred.

Revrob

Jan 24, 2016
Cherry Valley
Detector(s) used
At pro, Nokta FoRs CoRe, equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I found my hatred for upstate ny winters. I had lost that disgust over the last few years, but somehow it keeps reappearing like a field full of pulltabs. 37 inches here in cherry valley, just when the ground had finally been uncovered, i had even done some recon. In the woods! Damn you mother nature, and damn all you snowmobilers begging for that "old time" winter. Well at least im going to fla. Next week, going to kellyco, getting my nokta fixed, and damnit, when i get back, i demand uncovered ground at a minimum!!! Research and tnet only go so far to abate the insanity of this obsession....

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, somebody else knows about Cherry Valley. My mom used to teach school there years ago, and my uncle had a cheese factory there. Yup, mother nature is a cruel individual.

OP
OP
Revrob

Revrob

Jan 24, 2016
Cherry Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, somebody else knows about Cherry Valley. My mom used to teach school there years ago, and my uncle had a cheese factory there. Yup, mother nature is a cruel individual.
Whats your moms name? Ive been here since 86 and my wife grew up here.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with ya ! Ruff storm :BangHead:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you but I think there's some good that will come from all that white stuff we sent your way from the Midwest! When you get back from Florida, all the snow will have melted and will help amplify the halo around all those deep silver coins you are about to place your coil over. The wetter the soil, the deeper the detector detects!

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too far from you and got 34"... yep, sucks. But hey, the next week will be in the 40's and getting around 50 degrees, so it won't be long now. Oh yeah, HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!!!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm with you. I'm tired of swinging a snow shovel instead of my AT. The only consolation is that I think the freeze tends to push coins (and arrowheads) up towards the surface. It won't be long and folks here will be complaining about the heat.
HH
dts

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well theres a reason nature is called "a mother"... short for "mother ....."

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in western ny and I hear that. Im itching to get some relics so badly I keep buying stuff from ebay....:dontknow: not really helping though

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm here in Central NY and I still managed to go out to detect in at least once each month this year. Plus I'm on track for reaching my goal of at least one silver coin per month. What were you doing when it was 70 degrees in February?

OP
OP
Revrob

Revrob

Jan 24, 2016
Cherry Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out everyday I was able, in the woods, ground is way to frozen around here for anything else. Didnt get jack hunting, but it was fun. Glad u could get out and go hunting and glad youre on track towards your goal. I am tired of dicking around with the snow and frozen ground. Maybe Im just a southern boy at heart.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Salvation from winter is just a few tanks of gas away. I made that decision 30 years ago.
Ya know no one is justified in complaining where they live. If you have to live somewhere because of a job or family whatever, Suck it up!
If your staying, become the snow... or something like that. I actually kinda miss deep snow at times but I'm only 30 min from it.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got 12 to 14 inches in NYC. We usually get less than upstate New York especially the areas closer to the Lake Effect Snow. The milder weather in the city has allowed me to hunt 18 times already this year. Now that I'm retired, I look forward to getting out more often. The summer will be here soon and we will be complaining about the heat and humidity.
I will be moving to northwest Pennsylvania soon but certainly not because of the weather. I don't think the treasure bounty will be on an even par but I do believe the quality of living will be better.
The weather is warming every day and next Sunday or Monday are starting to look good.
Hope everything works out for you at KellyCo.

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm out here in Orygun. We only had 24" on the ground recently....we're in the banana belt!:laughing7:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me be the first to pre-welcome you to Pa. against the wind. You will find it colder here than you are used to. Of late we have been better off than NYC though.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess cause we don't live in it we don't know what a hassle it is navigating winter. Best of luck and here's to quick warmup for you guys.

snorks

Apr 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found my hatred for upstate ny winters. I had lost that disgust over the last few years, but somehow it keeps reappearing like a field full of pulltabs. 37 inches here in cherry valley, just when the ground had finally been uncovered, i had even done some recon. In the woods! Damn you mother nature, and damn all you snowmobilers begging for that "old time" winter. Well at least im going to fla. Next week, going to kellyco, getting my nokta fixed, and damnit, when i get back, i demand uncovered ground at a minimum!!! Research and tnet only go so far to abate the insanity of this obsession....

what is wrong with the nokta?

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out everyday I was able, in the woods, ground is way to frozen around here for anything else. Didnt get jack hunting, but it was fun. Glad u could get out and go hunting and glad you're on track towards your goal. I am tired of dicking around with the snow and frozen ground. Maybe Im just a southern boy at heart.

These last couple of days have been the worst, since the storm has past its taking its sweet time melting. I'm hoping to at least get out this weekend. Don't worry RevRob, it will all be over soon, and to everybody else, I never complain about the heat up here!

OP
OP
Revrob

Revrob

Jan 24, 2016
Cherry Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont know, prob. The coil, went from being an awesome machine to constant low beeps when there is nothing and not picking up actual legitamate signals. Luv that machine though, hope it doesnt take long to fix.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread