- #1
Thread Owner
Greetings to all!
A couple months back I posted several items I found while hunting an 18th century protected historical mansion in Maryland (Pictures Included). I've volunteered my time to help the county's support team in restoring both the inside and outside of the mansion. I have found several artifacts while MDing the grounds and in the dirt cellar. I've donated these findings back to the county's support group to help them raise funds to keep the great history of this mansion alive. OK, enough of the background and small talk......
The items I would really appreciate your help with is obviously not a problem IDing in that I know they are bottle tops, but I think the shallow dirt celler well (inactive about 3ft deep by 3ft wide) I found these in, was used by the original owner of the mansion to store his wine in, (Mansion built in 1774). I found three bottle tops, one of which I believe is of "BLACK GLASS" origin, but the other two I'm not sure of. Also, I noticed that all three have a "swirl" line going down the neck of the bottle. Does anyone know what these swirl lines represent? Also, what time period would you say these are from?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks! --Bill--
A couple months back I posted several items I found while hunting an 18th century protected historical mansion in Maryland (Pictures Included). I've volunteered my time to help the county's support team in restoring both the inside and outside of the mansion. I have found several artifacts while MDing the grounds and in the dirt cellar. I've donated these findings back to the county's support group to help them raise funds to keep the great history of this mansion alive. OK, enough of the background and small talk......
The items I would really appreciate your help with is obviously not a problem IDing in that I know they are bottle tops, but I think the shallow dirt celler well (inactive about 3ft deep by 3ft wide) I found these in, was used by the original owner of the mansion to store his wine in, (Mansion built in 1774). I found three bottle tops, one of which I believe is of "BLACK GLASS" origin, but the other two I'm not sure of. Also, I noticed that all three have a "swirl" line going down the neck of the bottle. Does anyone know what these swirl lines represent? Also, what time period would you say these are from?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks! --Bill--
Attachments
-
PHM-1890.webp37 KB · Views: 452 -
Bottle Tops - 1-600x450.webp45.6 KB · Views: 439 -
Bottle Tops - 2-600x450.webp26.8 KB · Views: 441 -
PHM-1890.webp37 KB · Views: 425 -
PHM-1-600x540.webp71.6 KB · Views: 434 -
Bottle Tops - 1-600x450.webp45.6 KB · Views: 427 -
Bottle Tops - 2-600x450.webp26.8 KB · Views: 429







