Found in the Attic, one old vase, value..............$86 million bucks!

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
Forgive me posting this here, I dont have the ability to search for posts, but those of you who will love this story, visit here mostly.

Pretty simple really, a couple cleaning out the attic of a recently departed relo. Pre auction estimate was about 1.5 mil, enough to make all involved weep with joy.

The Chinese knew this for what it is, came in strong, biding frenzy and 86 million bucks later it was sold. I gather the buyers premium might be about 10% or so.

More here http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ly-86-million-20101115-17tsj.html?from=smh_sb or google news attic and vase for more info.

A great story, who would have guessed that much money! Shows how much the new rich Chinese have atm. Good luck to the poms that found it, Id have sold it for a couple grand. :'(

Attachments

• qing-vase-420-420x0.jpg
    qing-vase-420-420x0.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 894
Upvote 0

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the stuff dreams are made of. Crazy story. :o

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
once the chinese have their looted national treasure in hand --just try and get paid for it -- best to get the $$$$ up front. :wink: before it goes to china for "testing" to see that its real -- once gone --its gone for good.

KOOTNEY KID

Sep 19, 2008
BRITISH COLUMBIA
Detector(s) used
Whites/MXT.
Saw it on the news,but never heard about the outrageous price paid.Sweet deal for the family of the departed. :icon_thumleft:................K.KID.

lidigger

Sep 4, 2010
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, White's BeachHunter 300, White's Prizm IV, White's Bullseye II Pointer (x2)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing story, you'd almost believe it was fake. Similar to the folks that had the rare Monet (or was it a Rembrandt) recently or the frat house that had an original Ansel Adams underneath a couch for many years.

Jeesh.

Chris / LI Digger

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
colorado14ers said:
wow, maybe i should go through my grandparents stuff??? :laughing9:

The problem with that advise is, most people wouldn't know what's good and what's trash when they see it. My advice is . . . leave the assessment of antiques to a qualified expert or to the members on Tnet! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread