What's new

Found it MDing. Any ideas??

Dihren

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
651
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I thought it was a bullet, but after I cleaned it up thought maybe a pen nib. Now I really have no idea what it is. It seems to heavy to be a pen nib. Then front of it also appears to be smashed a little, and I don't think is supposed to be bent in like that. Any input would be really appreciated! Thanks!

Dihren

gaga.webphaha.webppapa.webp
 
Looks like the lead from a .50 cal shell red tip is for armor piercing.
sorry black tip is armor piecing red is tracer.
 

Attachments

  • images.webp
    images.webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Taz! Any idea what the black tip would be for? Also, do you know if the back of it matches up with the back of the bullet?
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Taz! Any idea what the black tip would be for? Also, do you know if the back of it matches up with the back of the bullet?
I corrected my other post black is armor piecing red is a tracer.
Here is a good site with specs.. click pics at bottom to enlarge .

Caliber .50 Cartridges
 
Upvote 0
Thats a great website! Thanks so much! I wonder how it ended up next to a house built in the 60's! haha
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom