What's new

Found my dump bank

Silverhawk

Full Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
120
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So...I went to a few banks today while running errands for work. I stopped by a bank to ask them if they had any halves. They said they had a few in the drawers. I asked to take them. The teller asked me why. I told her a sob story about a child I work with that collects coins and is looking to fill his albums. It usually works for me. The teller asked me what he was looking for. I stated that there were several years, all older than 1970. She said that in would not find any there, as she picks out all of the "good ones". Knowing that I will not be able to score any silver there, I went back to the car and dumped $400 in rolled halves from the last two days. The lady looked puzzled. I said that I had forgotten them in the car. They had no problem taking them. I am at least happy that I won't get any more dirty looks from small banks saying that I take up half of their vault space.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom