What's new

Found my first 2 "old" buttons!! Help with age/circa...

CousinEddie

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
117
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone!! I've been md'ing for a few months now and found my first pair of "old" buttons. These were found in the yard of a farm that has been around since the late 1700's. I was really excited to find them, haha!! The one brown button has no marks or anyting on it, just plain brown. The other button however is a little more enticing. It's appears to be silver, possibly, and has a really beautiful/intricate flower etched into it. It can't be seen it the pic. It's needs a magnifying glass due to it being quite worn/faded. Looks to be a rose or carnation. I'll try and figure out a way to get a close pic of the etching.

My question is this...How old could these buttons possibly be? Just and approxiate time frame would be nice. Thank you all in advance...
 
Last edited:
Hard to date without backmarks but I'd say 1820s-50s. Good start in your "career"!
Mike
 
Thanks Mike!!! I appreciate the help. Like I said, the only markings is the faded flower etching on the silver button. Found out it is silver. You can kinda' see one of the leaves at the top/center in the pic. Thank you again...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom