Found my first silver ring today

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok I'm not certain if right site but I figured I'd post here.
I've got the ATGold and after about 10 hunts I found 2 rings today. First hunt today in a park I found a couple pull tabs, of course and a penny. Plus a couple bolts and of course various foils. Great I can clean up other people's messes.
Then on the second hunt today I found a couple pennies pull tabs and then boom!!! I had a solid 90 ID. I pulled the plug, and started poking with the pointer. Then there it was. I thought it was another cheap ring of steel. Then my son cleaned it up when I got home. He asked "What's the 925 stand for". Man I was pumped. Sterling silver. Man finally!! A ring of value. Love my ATG

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! 925 = Sterling Silver

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. Silver always makes a nice find. Next time a gold ring maybe :)? Keep up the good work and
HH

OP
OP
GarretDiggingAz

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey terry. I found a flake of lead about 1/8"x1/8" plus or minus at about 6-8" with my ATG. Does that mean I could find a nugget or 12 up there in the fields? I'm pretty happy with my trial and error process. Hoping to get around there in a couple weeks. I'm going to visit your brother. I know you're busy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread