What's new

Found My Second 70 D

tw656

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
735
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Was making a deposit for the wife and asked if they had any halves. They had $5, which included the 70 D. I think its in better condition than my first one.
 

Attachments

  • 70d.webp
    70d.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 318
Upvote 0
Re: Found My Secound 70 D

WTG. That is a great find. I would go back and pickup a few rolls of dimes and quarters from the same teller.

65GT350
 
Nice find. Still looking for one but I just got started. That one does look nice!
 
Good job tw! Seems like the 70 halves have made a jailbreak lately. Yours is about the 3rd or 4th I've heard of in the last week!!! Congrats! Gpurs
 
Sweet TW. Your 2nd one huh....you rat.....ha! It appears to be in real good shape too. I'm still looking for my first one.

I mentioned this the other day but a fellow member sent me one through a trade and when I got it.....I just stared at that date for what seemed like a long time....this is no joke. I have just never seen those numbers in that order in my hand before....lol.

Anyway....kudos to you TW....awesome find!!! Go get that 3rd one.
 
Those guys are rare! I'm still not convinced that they actually exist.
 
Just curious...are the 1970 pieces worth anything other than face? Why are they so popular? Thanks, Cuervo
 
I think there were less of them minted and only offered in sets. They may be considered key dates. I still doubt theres a whole lot of premiem, at least now. I may get mine certified one day when they are worth more.
 
$CUERVOJ said:
Just curious...are the 1970 pieces worth anything other than face? Why are they so popular? Thanks, Cuervo

Yes, they are worth more than face. The 70 is 40% silver. The mintage on these is very low. 2.1 mil on the D's & about 2.6 mil on the S's so they are special. Very elusive little rascal's!!

Go get ya one and let us know when you do. Good luck.
 
Thanks TW656 and LJ.I will be on the look out for them. I was under the impression to just be lookig for 1969 to 65 40% and 14 and under 90%. Learning something new everyday. Thanks again. Cuervoj
 
GPURS said:
Good job tw! Seems like the 70 halves have made a jailbreak lately. Yours is about the 3rd or 4th I've heard of in the last week!!! Congrats! Gpurs
I wish one would jailbreak my way. After plowing through 25K+ you would think I might find one.
 
Nice going TW! Those rascals are really hard to fine and you now have two!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom