What's new

Found Not One But Two Nickels Yesterday...

Old Dude

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
8,838
Reaction score
9,870
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wayne County, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...unfortunately neither were silver lol.
If you read Cjon455's post from yesterday, you know we got out for a day long hunt at some permissions. He had another very good day...mine, well, not so good. Did get a first though ~ a broken little cast Indian and pony. Would have been very nice if it had been whole. The " V " is my youngest one found so far...I have an 1899 and a 1902 besides this 1907. Perfect nickel signal on the ATP - a repeating 51. Oh, the other nickel was just a 1970 Jefferson. Thanks for looking!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429972665.537936.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429972771.773833.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429972881.365769.webp
 
Upvote 30
Congrats!!
Nothing wrong with finding V nickels you can get a date off. Took me a year to find my first and I felt the same way as when I find silver.
I found a little horse my last hunt minus the Indian and the horse had a couple broken legs. Lol
 
Great looking V nickel! The Indian & horse are a neat find! Congrats!

CJon- just wit till you see what he got you to keep the ticks off, pink tights! Oh...wasn't I supposed to tell? Oooops! :laughing7:
I have no words for this nonsense lol..........
 
Nice "V" OD! That war nickel will show up shortly... GL&HH.
 
Love the V nickels!! I WILL get one, one of these days!
 
That's a pretty sweet day! Love the V's and always love the toys! Congrats! HH
 
The V-Nickel I found looks nothing like that! I really like the cast iron horse toy, it held up better than most cast iron I find.
 
I'm betting Sir War Nicholas Old Dude will probably find a gold coin before he finds a silverish nickel.

(I spit all over my screen with the Pink Tights comment.)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom