What's new

Found roosevelt key date!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, the bank would only sell me $200 in dimes today. Sometimes quality beats quantity and today was that day! I got the key roosevelt I've been looking for- 1955. Its got a little cheek rub and color, but overall a fine coin. Should fit nicely into the hole in my collection. I only have 5 more such holes in my folder, only one more to go in my nickel one. And for you Michiganders, GO BLUE! BEAT STATE!

HH
-GC
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5508.webp
    IMG_5508.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 466
Upvote 0
Hail to the Victors!!!!!!!!!!
 
very nice. and i like michigan since i saw charles woodson play there
 
Nice find... I'll have to check and see if I've found any '55's in my dime boxes.
 
The hard one for ME was the '49P, that empty spot was an eyesore for a year all by its lonesome. Finally filled it last Saturday, be starting on my second book this weekend. HH Mark
 
I can't find any S minted Roosies around here... Mostly P's, sprinkled with D's. I think I've found one S so far out of 87 Roosevelt dimes.
 
nice find, i got one a couple weeks ago. They are pretty hard to find, I doubt I'll get ahold of another one
 
Way to go. I have been searching about $1,000 in hand rolls weekly for a year and still haven't found it.

Enjoy!

OWS
 
Silver Stripe said:
The hard one for ME was the '49P, that empty spot was an eyesore for a year all by its lonesome. Finally filled it last Saturday, be starting on my second book this weekend. HH Mark

I've got three of the 1949 (p). But I have none of the 1949S. Or the 1050S. Or the 1951S. Gee, seemns to be a pattern there. lol.

And none of the 1955's a tall. NOne of the P, D or S.

Those are my holes. More than others, but I'm still working on it. :-)
 
I got the 1955 dime last week.. in a box although I still have the uncirculated 1955 I bought years ago. I got a 1949-S too two weeks before that.. however it's odd but I still can't get a 1950 wheat penny.

S-mints are easy to come by here. Sorry I hate to brag. However I don't have many philly ones like the 1950 wheat penny.. If anyone from the east coast go on vacation to the west coast.. grab a box of cents or dimes to get those s-mints.
 
Good score :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
SFBayArea said:
I got the 1955 dime last week.. in a box although I still have the uncirculated 1955 I bought years ago. I got a 1949-S too two weeks before that.. however it's odd but I still can't get a 1950 wheat penny.

S-mints are easy to come by here. Sorry I hate to brag. However I don't have many philly ones like the 1950 wheat penny.. If anyone from the east coast go on vacation to the west coast.. grab a box of cents or dimes to get those s-mints.
:laughing7: yes, s mints are pretty common around these parts.
 
Nice find!

Oddly enough, I also found a '55-P yesterday......my first '55 ever and dime #350 for the year!!

HH,
cuttybce
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom