What's new

Found some old jewelry (junk) but..........

Kam in MN

Greenie
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Winona, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites
I found some old brass/copper type of brooches, skeleton keys and some souvenire medals. They are very ornate and are of stamped brass or copper. My question is:
When they are cleaned with soap and water, they look great with a nice patena. When the water 'dries', they have a 'dirty' look again. I want to display them in a case, but it is hard to look at them when they look dull. If I put some olive oil on them, won't they start to smell? Is there some other type of protectorant that would make them appear as though they are 'wet' and not an eyesore??
I also think that when they look 'wet' the lettering and design stand out more.


Thanks for your advice!!
Kam
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom