Found something I’ve never seen before and it was 100% vertical.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possumcop invited me to a hunt at a 1870’s church about a hour away from my house. He was giving a show and tell of relics and coins for the kids with their Bounty Hunters. Their parents were kind and involved enough to bring them out there at 7 am and we all had a great time. Gotta love those Southern Baptist folks just the nicest people with respectful children.

Not much found but I did manage to find a old pistol 2 ringer and a token.
This is a 1 and 1/8 inch FRANKLIN D ROOSEVELT metal token that seems to be from his 1941 Third Term Inauguration. I believe it is a rather uncommon item. The front has FDR's full name and President of the United States around the top above his picture. The back shows the U.S. Capital Building with the legend Chamption of National Defense and Reelected for a Third Term Nov 5, 1940 and Inaugurated Jan 20, 1941. The 800 got it 5” down. It was a choppy high VDI was wasn’t 100% into it was I gave and one stab with my shovel and slow pulled it up and it rose up like coming out a toaster. IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 33

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good story, great find.Congrats :icon_thumright:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, you had another great day in the field, Congrats! Let us all know when you open your own museum to display your finds so we can come down for a visit!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, you had another great day in the field, Congrats! Let us all know when you open your own museum to display your finds so we can come down for a visit!

I sure will and it the historic event I’ll be serving crawfish!!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find, congratulations! :occasion14:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. Targets is what I want. Franklin D. Roosevelt ain't my fave but, begger's can't be choosy. Lead is always cool. Keep diggin'.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. Targets is what I want. Franklin D. Roosevelt ain't my fave but, begger's can't be choosy. Lead is always cool. Keep diggin'.

Yeah I must admit when Possumcop said, “FDR” I thought, “they didn’t lose it they threw it away!” Lol

Thank the Lord I love history. Now if I find a Obama or Clinton token in the future, I promise you it won’t make it to my truck.

Last edited:

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Truth,

I had a great time yesterday and I know the kids and adults did also despite the on and off rain. I really appreciate you bringing some of your collection and helping me with the presentation. You have to admit, it really felt good explaining to the kids as well as the adults about what metal detecting is all about and how much of an important roll "Ethics" and the preservation of historical relics play in our hobby. To be honest, I think the parents and other church members were more excited about our presentation and collections than the kids!!! LOL

Again I had a great time and Congrats on those awesome finds!!!

"D"

P.S. Kudo's to Navy for showing us what your token looked like back in the 40's, because we both searched the net for a while on our phones trying to find an exact pic of it and never could...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth,

I had a great time yesterday and I know the kids and adults did also despite the on and off rain. I really appreciate you bringing some of your collection and helping me with the presentation. You have to admit, It really felt good explaining to the kids as well as the adults about what metal detecting is all about and how much of an important roll "Ethics" play in our hobby. To be honest, I think the parents and other church members were more excited about our presentation and collections than the kids!!! LOL

Again I had a great time and Congrats on those awesome finds!!!

"D"

P.S. Kudo's to Navy for showing us what your token looked like back in the 40's, because we both searched the net for a while on our phones trying to find an exact pic of it and never could...

Thanks Possumcop and again you give one hell of a presentation. I noticed there’s a lot of Baptist Churches out there :)

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Possumcop and again you give one hell of a presentation. I noticed there’s a lot of Baptist Churches out there :)

Yep and some old ones too. I'm working on getting permission on some other churches, not only Baptist, but there all from the 1800 and early 1900's. Hopefully our presentation and the great participation of the kids and adults who hunted with us will help us establish a respectable reputation and dismiss a lot of the bad publicity we have to deal with because of a few bad apples. As soon as I get the go ahead on them I'll let you know and remember, we still have to locate the original church that burnt in 1885, so we still have some work to do at this site, that is if your up to it... LOL

"D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread