Found this gold dust in 3 minutes

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live by the Arkansas river and dug out a crack in sidewalk, that is submerged when river floods. Literally took 3 minutes to collect this gold dust. It stuck to my dust pan, and I am wondering about ways to collect it. There are literally hundreds of more cracks for me to dig out. Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 1467640772425.jpg
    1467640772425.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 479
  • 1467640793949.jpg
    1467640793949.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 506
  • 1467640816919.jpg
    1467640816919.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Wasn't meaning to use oil/Crisco on the matting. Just use the matting bare. Could have some cinder blocks or big rocks to hold the boards/matting in place while the wave action washes the lighter material away - just like a gold pan. Sorry, never been to the beach either....except for one very short trip to the Texas Gulf Coast at Galveston. The Pacific should be quite another story altogether!

We are talking about a method using oleophilic adhesion that is the reason for oils or grease....gold sticks to them but releases when heated enough to thin the oil so the oil floats to the surface of the water and the gold drops with a little encouragement by stirring or gold bearing greases can be burned off. The major plus factor is the resulting concentrates are mostly gold as opposed to most other basic concentration methods. This method is not meant for larger gold and beach sands usually don't contain any.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well actually fish sauce has a lot of oil in it. I lit in on fire last night with a Propane torch. I'm thinking of doing a evaporate reduction test on the fish sauce to see if it is economical. $50 of fish sauce is not a big deal really. I guess I could make myself enjoy it.

So I'm thinking. A possible cheaper and environmentally better idea than crisco would in fact be peanut butter. I found a 24 pack or 1lb jars on sale for 50c a case!!!! I don't have any peanut butter to test at the moment but the creamy stuff should spread fine on a sheet with a paint roller.

What do you guys think?
thats because you nebulized the oil in it using the torch there is oil in it you turned into a gas and it burned...it is mostly water

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oops not 50c a case I meant jar... Roughly 24 lbs of peanut butter for 12 bucks!

So, howdoya (yes, that's one word) get the gold out of the peanut butter?
DOHH.jpg~original

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
gold sticks to them but releases when heated enough to thin the oil so the oil floats to the surface of the water and the gold drops with a little encouragement by stirring.

The oil will stick to the gold and float. The gold will not drop by heating and stirring. You have to incinerate or use a solvent or degreaser or dish soap ect.

Can you use a pump at the beach where you are going?

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
The fish oil works on burlap but I do not know how well it would work on plywood or any other flat surface. I think crisco or grease would work better on a flat surface. A very thin skim coat is all that is needed.

You can get a 5 gallon bucket of grease for about $60.

It is gold that you are after. The expense of whatever you use to coat is a minimum expense if there is gold.

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe a deep fryer. Then glass snuffer bottle.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Feed it to a dog, then pan it later.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I remember right that was Labrador. I'll bet some fish oil would extract it properly. Administer 2 tablespoons per pint of peanut butter.

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well this thread has degenerated to the point of uselessness..............

Now just a waste of bandwidth..............

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The oil will stick to the gold and float. The gold will not drop by heating and stirring. You have to incinerate or use a solvent or degreaser or dish soap ect.

Can you use a pump at the beach where you are going?

For a preface...My little test session did not include final cleanup but I could see about as much gold as I would expect to find by panning about a tablespoon of minus 100 mesh concentrates that was caught in the petroleum jelly/vaseline coating on the 5x5" fiber board used for the test and there was more gold than the stray few pieces of non gold. Forum member Goodguy mentioned pet. jelly on another thread so that is why I used it. I thought I read somewhere that the gold would drop in simmering water but a solvent, etc. would probably be easier. No pumps allowed on beach but ok above the vegetation line. Moot point for me since I don't use one.

Out of here since it is getting weird....again.

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Petroleum jelly aka Paraffin wax works as does coal tar and a lot of other things.

Yes it is getting weird as usual.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread