Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG-20220321-WA0004.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20220321-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220321-WA0003.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 42
Solution
I'm pretty sure it is a type of Victorian era gaming piece. They were very popular amongst English children. It was used in a street game similar to marbles from what I remember. I recall that they are a gaming cube of sorts, but cannot remember their exact name for the life of me. I am 99% sure that's what you have, but I could be wrong. I'll continue to search for the name and, if I find it, I'll let you know.

Nathan6309

May 15, 2018
Botetourt County, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Macro Siplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure it is a type of Victorian era gaming piece. They were very popular amongst English children. It was used in a street game similar to marbles from what I remember. I recall that they are a gaming cube of sorts, but cannot remember their exact name for the life of me. I am 99% sure that's what you have, but I could be wrong. I'll continue to search for the name and, if I find it, I'll let you know.

Upvote 6
Solution

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, well done. The game has many names and variations in the rules as well as differences in shape of the playing pieces. It has been both a children's game and an adult gambling game with origins much further back than Victorian times. Originally, the cubic pieces were the astragalus (ankle) bones from sheep or deer. Later examples were ceramic. Typical examples:

Knucklebones.jpg

Wiki page here:

Upvote 5
OP
OP
Kieran225

Kieran225

Mar 6, 2021
Newcastle-upon-tyne
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow well done that's exactly hat it is looking at the picture you just sent thank you very much for identifying what it is 😊

Upvote 2

Nathan6309

May 15, 2018
Botetourt County, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Macro Siplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, well done. The game has many names and variations in the rules as well as differences in shape of the playing pieces. It has been both a children's game and an adult gambling game with origins much further back than Victorian times. Originally, the cubic pieces were the astragalus (ankle) bones from sheep or deer. Later examples were ceramic. Typical examples:

View attachment 2016972

Wiki page here:
Thanks Red-Coat for the clarification! I learned some new info in regards to this game today from your post.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Kieran225

Kieran225

Mar 6, 2021
Newcastle-upon-tyne
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 3