What's new

What? 4 ice cubes for what?

dognose

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
13,173
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
dang. getting out of hand now.
stopped by for a few things today and walking around seen this whacky sales item.
62 cents per cube.
wait! it's ON sale!
I drink from the hose and I certainly dont buy 4 packs of ice cubes!
1000025966.webp
 
dang. getting out of hand now.
stopped by for a few things today and walking around seen this whacky sales item.
62 cents per cube.
wait! it's ON sale!
I drink from the hose and I certainly dont buy 4 packs of ice cubes!
View attachment 2261226

I bought my own jumbo ice cube tray to make my own, and then I found stainless steel cubes, never melt and keeps drink cold for over 24 hours..I have 2 sets so always have a set to use.

1000032789.webp
 
Red Coat summed it up....
 
One thing about non-water ice cubes.... They're hard on your teeth!
 
I have 4 trays that make round balls. I like them and our counter top ice maker does bullet shaped cubes. Florida water is so bad you have to have 3 filters on your refrigerator and the ice maker in it still craps out in 2 years or less.
 
Ice belongs nowhere near a glass of good whiskey...
Wet ice correct, the stainless steel cubes have non-toxic freezing gel inside, no seams, do not melt, and keep liquid cold for over 24 hours. I like them because they keep my drinks cold, yet they never dilute them.
 
2 fingers of Whiskey & 1 big cube of ice! I never understood drinking Whiskey "neat" at room temperature. Yuck!
I hear ya...
Just sort of works the opposite for me,,
I prefer to taste the dram rather than the fluoride/chlorine and multiple other chemicals and minerals dissolved in the water,, especially if it is a quality bottle, like Lagavulin or some of the smaller independent distilleries,, I mean if it is a cheap supermarket shelf type blended Scotch or the mass produced and frankly low quality international mega brands (i include The Macallan, Glenlivet, Glenmorangie and Glenfiddich) and many other marketing successes that target inexperienced whiskey buyers, then add away, water, ice, coke , or whatever helps with the mediocrity ..
:laughing9:
 
Been a scotch drinker since 1968. First tour on Okinawa in '68, I had just turned 20. The first night there my commanding officer, a Colonel, took me downtown to the local bars, at the time the island was still under US military controll, the towns right off bases were wild to say the least with hidden tunnels to clubs opened after hours, live "adult" shows on stage.

Colonel Crandal who was also a B52 pilot, I was just an Airman E2, tells me all drinks were on him, but he only drinks scotch so I was going to learn to drink scotch. Started with Chivas Regal and soda with twist of lemon.

First one tasted like I was drinking iodine, 2nd one was almost as bad, but by the 5th one they started tasting pretty good, the drinks were .50 cents each off base.
56 years later I still enjoy a good scotch.

When I was in Hong Kong on layover back to Florida from Philippines I went into a duty free store in airport, they had Chivas Regal on sale, 5 fifths and a free Chivas Regal carry-on bag came with it for only $99, the fifths fit perfectly in the carry-on wrapped in beach towel to keep them from banging into each other. Get home and find I still had 2 unopened fifths in my bar, plus half bottle. At my age and current consumption they will last the rest of my life.
 
I hear ya...
Just sort of works the opposite for me,,
I prefer to taste the dram rather than the fluoride/chlorine and multiple other chemicals and minerals dissolved in the water,, especially if it is a quality bottle, like Lagavulin or some of the smaller independent distilleries,, I mean if it is a cheap supermarket shelf type blended Scotch or the mass produced and frankly low quality international mega brands (i include The Macallan, Glenlivet, Glenmorangie and Glenfiddich) and many other marketing successes that target inexperienced whiskey buyers, then add away, water, ice, coke , or whatever helps with the mediocrity ..
:laughing9:
 
Taste is a funny thing. I cannot stand Scotch, will not touch it but love Irish Whiskey and some Bourbons.
Indeed it is...
Being from Eireann's isle I too am fond of our Whiskey,, and was much later on in life that i developed a taste for Islay's etc... Bourbon is something i just can't adjust to, have had plenty of bottles in the past,, Maker's Mark sticks in the memory and my Dad and i often guzzled down Wild Turkey,, he loved it...
 
Indeed it is...
Being from Eireann's isle I too am fond of our Whiskey,, and was much later on in life that i developed a taste for Islay's etc... Bourbon is something i just can't adjust to, have had plenty of bottles in the past,, Maker's Mark sticks in the memory and my Dad and i often guzzled down Wild Turkey,, he loved it...
Must be my Irish and Scottish ancestors.... Scotch has been my preferred drink of choice since '68.... I do also still enjoy vodka, tequila, and maybe little good shine when available.


I have drank Wild Turkey, but not in my top 5, I do enjoy a good whiskey sour though, but Turkey over the rocks or neat not so much.

I have been known to have tequila, or mezcal shots as a scotch chaser in my younger days. Would still do it now, but I dont think I want to kill a bottle like I did in the 70s.....

Mosts days now it is just a little wine or a Yuengling.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom