Found this on a bluff ledge

FoxFalcon

Greenie
Dec 1, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was scouting a property I was given permission to hunt and seen a little ledge about 10 ft down a 50 ft bluff. After removing the leaves and raking back the topsoil I found this and a hammerstone. I also found a large chunk of granite that seemed entirely out of place?

I'm more interested in the craft style and what group it may have come from. The location was northern Tennessee.

Thanks. 20181201_133341.jpeg20181201_134005.jpeg

Upvote 0
Lol that would do it lol...actually there's a legend about Celtic Indians that's very well known, surprised your unaware. Thomas Jefferson even sent out people to try to find them. Mr. Catlin , an american painter, believed himself that they was here when he discovered traits and architecture reminiscent of the Celts.
They allegedly landed in the gulf area and traveled up through where I live where they was driven northwest by the Cherokee where they lived peacefully with the Shawnee until crap turned sour over a holy area and a skirmish broke out and the Celts was allegedly driven further northwest into the Dakota's..

Surprised y'all ain't at least familiar with the legend, even if you are so ascribed to mainstream knowledge and closed minded to the possibility of the Welsh Indians, id figured you'd still known of it...?
I've heard stories about red headed, blue eyed Indians. Never heard them referred to as Celtic Indians. I've never been close minded either, just not too gullible. The Windover site here in Florida gave up a lot of DNA and it was not Native American. Not much has been forthcoming on it either. There is much about history I'm willing to acknowledge is wrong, misguided, or we have not yet gleaned all the info we need to make a correct account of what life was like before history. That being said those are still just good ol rocks!!!��

Just because it fits perfectly in your hand, doesn’t mean anything in the archaeological context. Take 300 cobbles, you will find that at least 15% fit perfectly.

Just because it fits perfectly in your hand, doesn’t mean anything in the archaeological context. Take 300 cobbles, you will find that at least 15% fit perfectly.
I shoulda better worded my initial statement. Just like a misunderstanding of my use of the word Celtic caused some dumbfounding , my calling it a hammerstone , without factoring in the readers interpretation here is always going to be archelogically based. I apologize for that.

I shoulda said a stone someone used as a hammer that was entirely out of place when comparing it to its immediate surroundings. Or rather , somebody transported it to that spot to use as a temporary tool..this location is in the wilderness and is not some spot known for partying and such as are a lot of the other creek bottom places around the south.

I do know a hammerstone from an archeological perspective and I noted the brown rock was just a rock, only snatched them because they stuck out as I was trying to get my marbles back after taking the jolt.

Only scouted this spot twice. The first time a broke tip came out the first shovel of creek gravel taken up and sifted. Only had a couple hours each time and spent the bulk of time just hiking it rather quickly and recovering from minor shock lol20181202_205905.jpeg20181202_205857.jpeg

Also to show some love because I became slightly disgruntled due to my hatred of electronics lol (not really but talking in person is natural to me and this crap ain't) although I am thankful for being able to talk to people I otherwise couldn't..I'd rather look like a fool than remain one. Thanks.

Heres you some Kentucky stones from not far away. Dont know about the one but the polish is so lush and the bottom almost looks laser cut? The rest are genuine for sure.20181202_174433.jpeg20181202_174715.jpeg

I think Jefferson was interested in the Mandans being of Celtic or Welsh origin. I don't know. They were pretty much wiped out by European diseases.

That's the way I understand the most promoted version of the tale. The old American English writings just use location and point out that they had overly similar architecture and engineering plus shared the same type accent but in their own unique language.

Otherwise the only name used for the group(s) in American engliah, that I can find evidence for, was the Madogians.

There is also two timelines for legends overseas, one around 600 and the other around 1170.

Even those of the colonials against the idea of the Welsh Indians still journaled that a more advanced people once resided here than that currently existed.

Also their resistance to European diseases could had easily diminished through time and procreation.

The strangest thing to me is the path they allegedly took is the same evolution path going from nomadic to agricultural and many strikingly similar symbolism started appearing. Of course other cultures closerby have the same or greater likelyhood of planting superstitions so it could go either way.
I think Jefferson was interested in the Mandans being of Celtic or Welsh origin. I don't know. They were pretty much wiped out by European diseases.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back