What's new

Found this on my last hunt

cudamark

San Diego Ring Finder
🥇 Charter Member
Top Banner Poster
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
15,096
Reaction score
20,179
Golden Thread
1
Location
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found on a site where I've recovered 100+ year old items in the past. Same on both sides. I looked through the tokens on tokencatalog.com and see several that are like it, but, this one is in white metal and measures 17mm according to my measuring device. Most of the others listed are brass and 21mm. I'm convinced it's a Kansas City transportation token, but, I can't seem to find out when it was used. I see a 1/2 fare token on ebay the same size that they claim is 1917 and in white metal, but, this is a full fare version. Anyone know a good source to confirm the year(s) it was used?

KC token.webp
 
Upvote 18
According to the Smithsonian, it dates from the early 1900s, but I didn't see a specific year.
 
Very unique find :)
 
I LOVE tokens! Congrats!
 
Found on a site where I've recovered 100+ year old items in the past. Same on both sides. I looked through the tokens on tokencatalog.com and see several that are like it, but, this one is in white metal and measures 17mm according to my measuring device. Most of the others listed are brass and 21mm. I'm convinced it's a Kansas City transportation token, but, I can't seem to find out when it was used. I see a 1/2 fare token on ebay the same size that they claim is 1917 and in white metal, but, this is a full fare version. Anyone know a good source to confirm the year(s) it was used?

View attachment 2219087
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom