What's new

Found this this morning on the beach, any ideas?

Jaws2

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
408
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
My first thought when I saw this thing was a Vintage Radiator Cap Ornament, I see a bird in flight or standing with its wings open to the back.


Not sure what it is made of, but it appears to have remnants of chrome.

It is 2" tall and weighs 38 gr.

Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    86.5 KB · Views: 340
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    84.1 KB · Views: 346
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    92.9 KB · Views: 330
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    67 KB · Views: 338
Since it's 2 inches tall, and the bottom is so flat, could it be a chess piece?
Breezie
 
Upvote 0
melted bottle of phillips milk of ...i cant spell it
 
Upvote 0
I'm guessing it is made of nickel or either nickel plated because nickel will turn blue when exposed to certain elements. There are animal chess pieces, and chess sets made of brass and plated with nickel. By chance does a magnet stick to it? A magnet will attract nickel. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
I'm guessing it is made of nickel or either nickel plated because nickel will turn blue when exposed to certain elements. There are animal chess pieces, and chess sets made of brass and plated with nickel. By chance does a magnet stick to it? A magnet will attract nickel. Breezie

I think you got it, a decorative molded brass chess piece, I would think there was a pad of some kind attached to the bottom. Magnet will not stick.

Thanks for your help.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom