🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Found this today at a mid 1800s site.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it pewter? 9/16 diameter. TIA
IMG_5675.jpeg

This is the 3rd different post today I've seen that same button...just wondering, I like it but...

Upvote 0
Well, all 3 were posted by you Merf, nothing wrong with that, just something I noticed.

Upvote 1
My mistake. Getting up to speed on how to post. I apologize
How do you get to be a silver member and still be figuring out how to post? (Don't you have to have made over 2500 posts to get to that level?)

Upvote 2
looks like a under clothing button .Ive dug several similar at mid 1800s sites myself in N. ILL. believe theyre pewter or lead based metal. Good luck

Upvote 1
If your upload speed is lagging it sometimes causes an upload lag, then it looks like it didn't work. So a person hits post again then it all goes through.
Has happened many times when the connection speed sucked.
Nice early 4 holed button Merf.
Not of these types are dug it seems.

Upvote 2
How do you get to be a silver member and still be figuring out how to post? (Don't you have to have made over 2500 posts to get to that level?)
Old age and too much going on. 79 years old. Bear with me grasshopper.:dontknow:

Last edited:
Upvote 1
looks like a under clothing button .Ive dug several similar at mid 1800s sites myself in N. ILL. believe theyre pewter or lead based metal. Good luck
It sets off my pin pointer. Metal of some kind.

Upvote 1
If your upload speed is lagging it sometimes causes an upload lag, then it looks like it didn't work. So a person hits post again then it all goes through.
Has happened many times when the connection speed sucked.
Nice early 4 holed button Merf.
Not of these types are dug it seems.
It triggers my pinpointer , metal of some kind.

Upvote 1
No, listen Merf, NO reason to apologize for anything there, if anything it's me for even bringing it up, not important. Keep posting. Besides, I think you've been finding more then I have been recently. Sometimes we talk (or type) before thinking it through. That was me...

Last edited:
Upvote 4
No, listen Merf, NO reason to apologize for anything there, if anything it's me for even bringing it up, not important. Keep posting. Besides, I think you've been finding more that I have been recently. Sometimes we talk (or type) before thinking it through. That was me...
No problem at all. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 1
Old age and too much going on. 79 years old. Bear with me grasshopper.:dontknow:
No worries -- I can relate. Actually I just wanted to make sure it was really you and not some newbie hacking your account. It happens.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back