Found this today in Chickisabouge creek

bay pirate

Aug 26, 2012
Mobile Bay
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
It's made out of granite or turquoise but perfectly square. Could a board game piece not sure.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457985985.265687.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457986000.364532.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457986012.915386.jpg

Upvote 0
The gray and white one looks like polishing cones from a machine shop used to de burr metal, and when they get dull they are dumped the brown one looks like it is made from different material and may be something different.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the pics. If they are remnants from a de burr shop, then they might be man made, just not very old.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459030953.991018.jpg

Grim Reaper, just a quick question. You seem to be the most intelligent Persian in this artifact forum so I'll apologies for my ignorance right up front. Like I said, one is an anomaly but 2 that is the exact same shape but two different sizes. I'm sorry grim but nature cannot do that. Don't get me wrong. There at least 100 things they could be besides an artifact. But for you to ignore the circumstances speaks volumes about your education and willingness to have an open mind. Have a good day sir

I'm guessing you meant "person" and not Persian. lol

I don't consider myself and expert, but I will put my 50 years of collecting knowledge up against anyone. I have been wrong before, I remember one time back in 1987, but that's another story. And I may be wrong on these and they may not natural, but they are not artifacts. I think the others may be correct and you are finding wasted tumbling media. Your pieces show no evidence at all of ever being altered by the hand of man. Sorry if I came across to strong. I guess I just see so much of these types of pieces I am just quick to dismiss them.

By the way, as stated above, nature can make many many different types of angles including perfect squares, triangles, hexagons, etc.

I have a very open mind and I still think they are either natural formations or tumbling media.

Please take the time to look at and study these Cones and Loafstones so you can see the difference.

Attachments

• Cones and Loafstones (3).jpg
    Cones and Loafstones (3).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Cones and Loafstones (2).jpg
    Cones and Loafstones (2).jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Cones and Loafstones (1).jpg
    Cones and Loafstones (1).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Cones and Loafstones (17).jpg
    Cones and Loafstones (17).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Cones and Loafstones (16).jpg
    Cones and Loafstones (16).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Cones and Loafstones (11).jpg
    Cones and Loafstones (11).jpg
    73 KB · Views: 81
  • Cones and Loafstones (12).jpg
    Cones and Loafstones (12).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Cones and Loafstones (13).jpg
    Cones and Loafstones (13).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 76
  • Cones and Loafstones (14).jpg
    Cones and Loafstones (14).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Cones and Loafstones (15).jpg
    Cones and Loafstones (15).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 72
Mystery solved[emoji41] turns out to be old aquarium gravel so guess what grim,, we were both wrong

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back