What's new

Found today at soccer field

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
1,213
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these two "whatsits" on a soccer field today. They are about a half inch square, and every side is slit. From the face it looks like four stones, but it is really one big stone cut to look like four. They were about a foot apart, 6" down, and are .925 sterling marked on the back.
Could it have been part of a bracelet? I see nothing on them that would be a connector, but in one corner on the back is a little cone shaped nub... I searched the surrounding area pretty good, hoping to find whatever they were a part of.. Nada..

Ideas?
 

Attachments

  • whatsits 1.webp
    whatsits 1.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 346
  • whatsits 1.webp
    whatsits 1.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 356
That is about the only thing I can come up with, and the little "nubs" could surely be whats left of the posts that went into the ear.. But I find it strange that BOTH earrings would be lost in one spot. That is very unusual, and although they could have fallen from a pocket, do women put post earrings in their pockets? I would think that would be asking for a broken earring at best, a nice poke in your thigh at worst..
Earrings are my vote for now until someone comes up with a better idea.. I like that they are silver though. Added to my pile..
 
Upvote 0
It looks like 2 of the pieces from a tennis bracelet to me. Breezie
 

Attachments

  • TennisBracelet.webp
    TennisBracelet.webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 323
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
It looks like 2 of the pieces from a tennis bracelet to me. Breezie

I think you are on the right track. Makes more sense for two pieces of it to be found in one area vs 2 earings. It may have been grabbed and broken with 2 pieces lost.
 
Upvote 0
I have seen those on front teeth they are called tooth bling ! the problem with those was you had to watch what you ate they would break off or if you got punched in the mouth :laughing7: they come in 18k Gold also Good hunt Jim
 
Upvote 0
QUICKSILVER (appletree) said:
Earrings perhaps

That would be my thought also. . . that little "nub" on the back would be where the post was attached (now missing).
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom