sibbley
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Mar 18, 2023
- Messages
- 1,515
- Reaction score
- 5,136
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Nazareth, PA
- Detector(s) used
- Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, XP Deus 2, Deeptech Vista X, Nokta Makro Invenio Pro
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Yesterday was colder so we decided to go out to the old farm today. I decided to take the Nokta Impact since in deep mode it's the deepest detector I have. We started up by the road in the area that is all tall grass during spring and summer. Last week my wife found a sweet sleigh bell in that part of the field, so we thought maybe there were more. Turned out that was not to be the case. We continued to find trash, so we decided to move back into the woods near the old cellar. We did end up with a couple nice items from the front field though.
My goal was to see if there were more coins back there. So, using deep mode on the Impact, I started swinging. Came across an old flat button almost a foot deep. Next, I found a 1737 KGII in much better shape than I've been getting from this location. The KGII was again almost a foot deep. My last deep score of the day was an 1888 IHP at about a foot deep. I found some other items not quite as deep including a tombac button.
My wife found a sleigh bell graveyard. Four pieces of sleigh bell all in a very small area. She found a small flat button with text on the reverse that we still haven't been able to read, a D# reed, and a MICHELIN Model T Ford valve stem cap. She doesn't think she did as well as she actually did. LOL...
Her finds...
My finds...
Thanks for looking...
My goal was to see if there were more coins back there. So, using deep mode on the Impact, I started swinging. Came across an old flat button almost a foot deep. Next, I found a 1737 KGII in much better shape than I've been getting from this location. The KGII was again almost a foot deep. My last deep score of the day was an 1888 IHP at about a foot deep. I found some other items not quite as deep including a tombac button.
My wife found a sleigh bell graveyard. Four pieces of sleigh bell all in a very small area. She found a small flat button with text on the reverse that we still haven't been able to read, a D# reed, and a MICHELIN Model T Ford valve stem cap. She doesn't think she did as well as she actually did. LOL...
Her finds...
My finds...
Thanks for looking...
Upvote
13







