What's new

Found today Union Leader tobacco tin

kriopelle

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 350
Bounty hunter ss
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these today while hunting an old logging railroad bed. I've searched the web but can't find a date on the tin. The ones that keep poping up are from around 1910. I don't think the railroad dated that far back but I'm not sure. Anyway here's my rusty gold. Enjoy. HH

image-1956635929.webp

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Upvote 2
Very cool tin, looks really old
 
Last edited:
try soaking it in oxalic acid....takes rust off but not paint......even works well on totally brown beer cans.....try it out(!)
 
try soaking it in oxalic acid....takes rust off but not paint......even works well on totally brown beer cans.....try it out(!)

I'll check it out. Thanks Pete. HH

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom