What's new

Today's Ghost Town Finds

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,893
Reaction score
47,485
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to one of my favorite sites in the Cali desert today. This is another one of those places that has wall-to-wall rusty cans and shotgun head stamps.
I went low and slow and managed to get a few things to let out a squeak amongst all the grunts.

IMG_0512.webp

The Heinz watch fob really had me going, it sounded and rang up exactly like that 1894 half dollar I found recently. I searched online and couldn't find another like it, even though there are several other styles shown.
IMG_0513.webp
IMG_0514.webp

The hammer is for a large rimfire cartridge revolver.
The hat pin was smashed and bent like a pretzel so I straightened it out the best I could.

I did manage to get one piece of silver, in the form of a salt or pepper shaker lid.
IMG_0517.webp

That white piece looks to be a cabochon from something.

I missed this cufflink until after I took the other pics, it was stuck in my pouch. Still has some paint or enamel on it after all these years!
IMG_0519.webp
IMG_0520.webp


Can't wait to get back out there in a couple of days. I just loaded up a couple of new programs for the D2 that are supposed to work very well for these super trashy conditions.

Thanks for stopping by, and HH.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0515.webp
    IMG_0515.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0516.webp
    IMG_0516.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
Upvote 27
I went to one of my favorite sites in the Cali desert today. This is another one of those places that has wall-to-wall rusty cans and shotgun head stamps.
I went low and slow and managed to get a few things to let out a squeak amongst all the grunts.

View attachment 2236226
The Heinz watch fob really had me going, it sounded and rang up exactly like that 1894 half dollar I found recently. I searched online and couldn't find another like it, even though there are several other styles shown.
View attachment 2236229View attachment 2236230
The hammer is for a large rimfire cartridge revolver.
The hat pin was smashed and bent like a pretzel so I straightened it out the best I could.

I did manage to get one piece of silver, in the form of a salt or pepper shaker lid.
View attachment 2236228
That white piece looks to be a cabochon from something.

I missed this cufflink until after I took the other pics, it was stuck in my pouch. Still has some paint or enamel on it after all these years!
View attachment 2236233View attachment 2236234

Can't wait to get back out there in a couple of days. I just loaded up a couple of new programs for the D2 that are supposed to work very well for these super trashy conditions.

Thanks for stopping by, and HH.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
Awesome finds among the cans.... :occasion14: :occasion14:

I sure do miss the desert...trying to talk the wife into moving down there...8-)
 
MX you sure did a lot of digging :) Thank you for sharing with us
 
Good hunt !!! Love the fob and the token. Congrats !!
 
Congratulations on your success
You are doing great
Thanks for sharing
 
Cool local bar token! Are you trying to lure me out there again? :laughing7:
 
Cool local bar token! Are you trying to lure me out there again? :laughing7:
Cudamark I think he is trying to LURE US OUTTHERE :)!!! lol
 
Heinz 57 type of hunt. Great looking fob and token. The little stone is cool. Like to know the programs you loaded up. Any name to them or a link?
 
Heinz 57 type of hunt. Great looking fob and token. The little stone is cool. Like to know the programs you loaded up. Any name to them or a link?
One is called No BS (good name, eh?) NoBS
and the other is Legacy for V3.10 Legacy 3.10
 
Last edited:
Excellent bunch of finds!! Keep up the great work! Congratz!!
 
Another nice day for relics. I like that Heinz Catsup fob and the token.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom