What's new

Found Two Large Cents

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
10,256
Reaction score
23,221
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
XP Deus 2
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to pre Civil War Cabin site that's deep in the woods behind our Farm.
I found (3) Large Cents at this site fifteen years ago with my Minelab Safari.
Only there 15 minutes and I got a very faint, but repeating high tone signal on the Deus 2.
Turned out to be a Large Cent - a measured 9"+ down that was underneath two softball sized rocks - amazing !

1831 - Large Cent - ("Holed" - Reverse is toasted)
1834 - Large Cent - (Was under the two rocks at 9"+)

Good Hunting !
 

Attachments

  • MAH - 5-1-25 - A.webp
    MAH - 5-1-25 - A.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 153
  • MAH - 5-1-25 - B.webp
    MAH - 5-1-25 - B.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Upvote 71
Very nice! That Deus 2 sees right through rocks.
 
Two great coins! I'm very impressed with the depth I can get on the D-2. What program were you running?
Been using Gary Blackwell's "Tekkna" program pretty much non stop for the last two months.
It's amazing in heavy iron and it still hits the deeper targets.
 
Very nice! That Deus 2 sees right through rocks.
There was a one inch gap between the rocks but the coin was right underneath one of them.
How I got any kind of signal at all is amazing !
 
Nice ones. Congratulations! Amazing signal from under the rocks.
 
Went back to pre Civil War Cabin site that's deep in the woods behind our Farm.
I found (3) Large Cents at this site fifteen years ago with my Minelab Safari.
Only there 15 minutes and I got a very faint, but repeating high tone signal on the Deus 2.
Turned out to be a Large Cent - a measured 9"+ down that was underneath two softball sized rocks - amazing !

1831 - Large Cent - ("Holed" - Reverse is toasted)
1834 - Large Cent - (Was under the two rocks at 9"+)

Good Hunting !
Nice going! D2 is really a fun toy.
 
Went back to pre Civil War Cabin site that's deep in the woods behind our Farm.
I found (3) Large Cents at this site fifteen years ago with my Minelab Safari.
Only there 15 minutes and I got a very faint, but repeating high tone signal on the Deus 2.
Turned out to be a Large Cent - a measured 9"+ down that was underneath two softball sized rocks - amazing !

1831 - Large Cent - ("Holed" - Reverse is toasted)
1834 - Large Cent - (Was under the two rocks at 9"+)

Good Hunting !
Very cool
 
Went back to pre Civil War Cabin site that's deep in the woods behind our Farm.
I found (3) Large Cents at this site fifteen years ago with my Minelab Safari.
Only there 15 minutes and I got a very faint, but repeating high tone signal on the Deus 2.
Turned out to be a Large Cent - a measured 9"+ down that was underneath two softball sized rocks - amazing !

1831 - Large Cent - ("Holed" - Reverse is toasted)
1834 - Large Cent - (Was under the two rocks at 9"+)

Good Hunting !
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
Went back to pre Civil War Cabin site that's deep in the woods behind our Farm.
I found (3) Large Cents at this site fifteen years ago with my Minelab Safari.
Only there 15 minutes and I got a very faint, but repeating high tone signal on the Deus 2.
Turned out to be a Large Cent - a measured 9"+ down that was underneath two softball sized rocks - amazing !

1831 - Large Cent - ("Holed" - Reverse is toasted)
1834 - Large Cent - (Was under the two rocks at 9"+)

Good Hunting !
That's a long way down.

You earned it! Nice recoveries!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom