Less than 58 years.Nothing too neat. 1968 nickel. Found under very hard ground about 3 feet under the ground. How long do you think it was down there? Found during landscaping.

I don’t have a metal detector, I was digging for irrigation pipes for a job. The ground was super hard clay. It must have been dropped during the building of the house. I thought the coloring was neat. Think it has full steps?but how? 3 feet?
It was a jokeFull steps is a designation for a full strike on uncirculated Jefferson nickels, on an exceptionally well struck coin all steps are visible with no breaks in the horizontal lines of the steps. The steps are completely lost to corrosion on this one.
Sorry, I've seen worse posted asking the same question so always try to answer as if it is serious.It was a joke
ive never seen a nickel from before 1980s that had full steps.Sorry, I've seen worse posted asking the same question so always try to answer as if it is serious.
How deep do they go normally?3 feet? you must have a very sensitive detector
typically, for something like a nickel 10 to 14 inches is about the limit, but you might could get a couple more inches if soil conditions were at their bestHow deep do they go normally?