What's new

Found Western Union button in 1850’s Park

Truth

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
14,366
Reaction score
32,167
Golden Thread
2
Location
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys the Backmark is "Browning King & CO. W.B.C.O. I know the button was used from 1860 to 1934. I have found many 3 ringers in this park and curious if this might have also have been CW. Thank you for your time. View attachment 1558791View attachment 1558792
 
Upvote 0
Very Nice Button .
I'm not familiar with that Back-mark. It looks pretty old, it reminds me of a Early 1900 POD (post office) button I found on a Battle Area , it was a let down but I still like the button.
That's another one I have yet to "Detail Clean" .
 
Very Nice Button .
I'm not familiar with that Back-mark. It looks pretty old, it reminds me of a Early 1900 POD (post office) button I found on a Battle Area , it was a let down but I still like the button.
That's another one I have yet to "Detail Clean" .

Yeah Davers that’s my first two piece gold guild button so I’ll take it with a smile.

P.s. please go clean that button :-)
 
photo 1.webpphoto 2.webp

The only one I have found, backmark W U TEL CO/W B CO N Y
 
Never found a Western Union button, but I did find this Western Union porcelain sign a while back.


D.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    943.9 KB · Views: 71

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom