What's new

Found while MD'ing in my backyard

408_Dirt_Fisher

Full Member
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
139
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone have any ideas of what this is? I thought maybe something to snuff out a old lamp?

P1.webp

p2.webp

P3.webp

Thanks!
408DF
 
Candle snuffer (missing the arm)? Anything inside to hang a clapper from?

17546341_master.webp
 
Upvote 0
CuriousCat is correct...

Agreed... bell.

These usually hung in multiples... but up and down a 3 foot line.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks all, any idea on age?
 
Upvote 0
I think it is a Brass bell from India some are inscribed on the inside with the maker like Sarna/ India you can look on google to see info on this.
 
Upvote 0
India still makes them to this day, so unless you can find markings on it to identify a maker it would be hard to give a definite age.
 
Upvote 0
Charlie may be more correct because I couldn't see where a clapper could have attached.
 
Upvote 0
Candle snuffer (missing the arm)? Anything inside to hang a clapper from?

View attachment 1862647

Looking inside, it looks like rust and dirt. After cleaning it out, it looks smooth but discolored from the rest of the object. I can't see any writing on it, but I will take a look under my USB microscope and see if I can make anything out.

Thanks!
408DF
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom