What's new

Found with civil war relics.

ihatedirtbikes

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2012
Messages
89
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Nautilus DMCII-Ba
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this item along with other civil war relics. Never seen anything like it. It’s on some type of hinges and folds open and closed. I’m pretty sure it’s brass. Please help. I’ll attach photos of it opened and close with a third photo for size reference.
 

Attachments

  • D2E03767-B2DF-4181-90B6-401889EC666F.webp
    D2E03767-B2DF-4181-90B6-401889EC666F.webp
    619.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 673D364D-AD05-41C9-A515-9C4FC16F997C.webp
    673D364D-AD05-41C9-A515-9C4FC16F997C.webp
    543.8 KB · Views: 91
  • E4F03693-5216-4E34-9CF4-BE4B819F0D6B.webp
    E4F03693-5216-4E34-9CF4-BE4B819F0D6B.webp
    872.1 KB · Views: 103
Nice finds, congrats! :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks. I just posted about the hunt in today’s finds
 
Upvote 0
The first thing I try and do when identifying a relic is determine the age based on the design/style. :thumbsup:
I feel this piece is mid-19thc and was meant to be seen, but what was it made for?

Possibly a chatelaine or a part of a ladies Victorian sash chain belt? :icon_scratch:
I've found similar fragments on early 19thc homestead sites.
Dave
 

Attachments

  • E4F03693-5216-4E34-9CF4-BE4B819F0D6B-crop.webp
    E4F03693-5216-4E34-9CF4-BE4B819F0D6B-crop.webp
    61.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 12312-0121.webp
    12312-0121.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 73
  • vict29259.webp
    vict29259.webp
    38 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Part of a sword chain ?
 
Upvote 0
I’ve still had no luck at all on identifying this.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom