ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
fountin raid- it was the 1936 wheatie's fault - 16 cents 1 dime 1 quarter total

wife had to go to court to testify today ( at the old historical courthouse still used in fernandina florida)---outside was a bronze type 3 level water fountin with shallow bowls --the bottom level is about 10 ft across then a 6 ft bowl then a 3 ft bowl then the top sprayer the whole thing was about 8 ft tall . yankee tourist types throw change in it it seems ---it was a nice sunny day so I sat outside, I was bored sitting outside ***so I sat on the brick ledge along the base of the fountin's first bowl ===== then it happened --- I saw a shiny quarter --then a shiney dime and then a buncha cents (16) no big deal --- -- but then oh no --- one of the cents was 1936 wheatie-- it was tails up -once I saw those wheat ears I was done for --- it "called" to me --GET ME OUTTA HERE ----I couldn't help it - --SNAG-- the clad I coulda passed on but the wheatie doomed me ( the wheatie was plain on the flip side--so 1936 philly mint ) however once I dipped into the forbidden pool I said " oh well they hang you for the first murder --the rest of em are free" === so I grabbed what I could reach -- 18 coins in total --- yes I'm so bad.

**** oh by the way there were "rings" in the fountin where other coins had once laid there before * BUT SOMEONE ELSE HAD CLEARLY REMOVED EM --the coins were gone but the ring out lines remained -- so these "coins" would have been removed too sooner or later by someone (city worker or hobo?) --

so folks tell me what do you think --- exactly who does coins in a "public" fountin belong to after willingly being thrown away? -- the former owner (throwie) ?--the city? --the park worker who cleans the fountin ? --the local hobos?--anyone willing to pick up the coins?

so should I put back 52 half eaten zinc cents I got laying around from mding to restore my karma (51 cents + 1 extra) or what ?

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Re: fountin raid-- 51 cents and a 1936 wheatie

:nono: Now those peoples wishes won't come true! :sad1:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

seger98 said:
:nono: Now those peoples wishes won't come true! :sad1:
you must go back and throw back a hundred times what you took or you will never find a wheaty again. >:(

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now that sounds like something I would do. :icon_jokercolor:

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Very bad karma coming your way.

Not only did you take coins but you took someone's "wish."

Most folks know you make a wish when you toss a coin
in a fountain. By taking someone's coin out of the fountain
you probably messed up the chance of having the person's
wish come true.

All for 51 cents and a 1936 wheatie.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I can't believe people on here are so superstitious..........wow

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

you know they have camera's on the building right???? It's ok we will not tell.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Did people look at you when you pulled the wheat penny out of the fountain? hahhaah

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

I swear it was all the wheaties fault -- It was tails up -- those wheat ears were showing !!! who could resist them.
the normal crap clad I coulda passed up on , but once I dipped into those sinful waters for that wheatie -- I said ----oh well they only hang you for the first murder the rest of em are free.---so might as well go whole hog

question*
once a coin is thrown into a fountin (in effect willingly thrown away * ) to whom does it belong to? --the former owner (the throwie)--the city who owns the fountin it landed in ? -- the guy who cleans the fountin? the public at large? or whoever decides to pick it up out of the fountin?

I got 52 cents in crappy half eaten zincs cents laying around that I think I'll swap out to balance my karma out .

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Re: fountin raid- it was the 1936 wheatie's fault - 16 cents 1 dime 1 quarter total

be honest ever done it? take coins from a fountin? it was a first for me dang wheatie :tard:

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: fountin raid- it was the 1936 wheatie's fault - 16 cents 1 dime 1 quarter total

;D ;D You are " DOOMED" ;D ;D
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

ivan salis said:
be honest ever done it? take coins from a fountin? it was a first for me dang wheatie :tard:

:coffee2:

Never. 8)

"once a coin is thrown into a fountin (in effect willingly thrown away * )
to whom does it belong to?"

I am sure it is not yours. ;D
Many fountains donate for some local charity.
:thumbsup:

Parts of your body, important parts, may now turn black
and become useless, important parts. :wink: ;D

Now that your very soul has been soiled
it is time for a :icon_sunny: redemption. :icon_sunny:

Next visit, throw it back in.........................
add one from yourself. ;D

Perhaps all will be well. 8)

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE
MAY THE FOUNTAINS BE WITH YOU:

f1.jpg

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Perhaps if the members here posted photos of
fountains, parts of your body will not turn black and fall off. :-\

f2.jpg

Hardrock

May 25, 2004
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, with sunray probe,Minelab SE,Eureka Gold

My only question is did you roll up your pants and wade? or just sneak a reach around? :tongue3:Hardrock

Shawn112

Feb 9, 2009
Colorado

Most likly the fountain belongs to the city but, the fountain can be accessed by everyone. Maybe not swiming in it but evryone has the right to walk up to it. I have been seeing more public fountains and waters posting signs saying dont throw any money into them. The money blocks the drains and the city or owner has to put soneone in the fountain to unclog the drain and get all the money out. Would I do it, probably not. Is is illegal, not where Im from. It would be the same as finding a penny on the ground.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Personally I think it's wrong to throw ANYTHING in a fountain. They were not designed for things to be thrown in them, and actually taking things out is only beneficial. :)

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

::)

Attachments

• f5.jpg
    f5.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 256

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread