Four Silver Kinda Day!

mrmastadon

Jul 1, 2020
NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It had been raining all day but I wanted to get out and clear my head, so I decided a curb strip (where the grass wouldn't be too high and soggy) was in order. I must have chosen the right street, because in an hour and a half I pulled four silvers: 2 Washington quarters (1950, 1962), a Merc (1936), and a Rosie (1964). The count was almost higher, since I only dug two clad quarters -- both 1965:BangHead:. Missed a dime trifecta, but judging from the dates on the others a Barber might have been a tall order. Either way, I've been on a little silver streak lately, and happy to see it continue. Not pictured are four wheat cents that also made an appearance. Thanks for looking!

-Andrew

Attachments

• 20210512_210742.jpg
    20210512_210742.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 25

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on that 4 silver outing. It's been a long time since I've found 4 in an outing.

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! My best find of the year came from a curb strip. Finding 4 silvers is a great day for anyone!

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love the silver, congrats!!

OP
OP
M

mrmastadon

Jul 1, 2020
NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work! My best find of the year came from a curb strip. Finding 4 silvers is a great day for anyone!

I do think curb strips are one of the best ways to rack up silver. Yes, unless you're in a very old city they're not necessarily going to be the oldest coins, but in terms of public property, they expand the number of available places to hunt exponentially. And I think a lot of detectorists avoid them because they don't like the suspicious looks from passing motorists. I'll put up with that for a handful of silver any day! Good luck to all.

-Andrew

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome work on the silvers!!!! Congrats!!!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver recoveries- don't often see 2 silver quarters saved in one hunt- Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions