Dec 14, 2008

Attachments

• points 010.JPG
    points 010.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0
F

Flintfinder of Mo.

If they are all authentic, you have one heck of a frame. My guess is that they are probably not personal finds.,Just becouse of the fine rare points I see in the frame as well as the killer pipe ,banner etc. I have been at it for 22 years and can not put a personal find frame together, that would come close to touching that, Is the only reason I am saying that. I see some in that frame that look almost to dern good to be true. WOW. I noticed this is your first post, So welcome to the Forum. Look forward to hearing a little more about the points in that frame. Looks like some of the frames I see at the shows. John

D

Dc1013

Looks good I like everyone one of those.Sweet frame thanks for posting it
D Capps aka Showme Mo.flint

OP
OP
M

Mooch

Dec 14, 2008
One of the points is a personal find. The brown thebes with the black line is a personal find I found when I was 10. I spent countless hours looking at collections to put this frame together. I have purchased 15 of the pieces in the frame directly from the finder or their family. The hourglass was formely in the Edward Payne Collection and is pictured in his book in the 1930's. It then went into Byron Knoblocks collection, T.Hugh Youngs collection of Nashville, TN. It can be seen in his collection in Legends of Prehistoric Art. From the Young Collection it went to Clem Caldwell's collection of Danville,Ky. I purchased it from Clem when I was in the 8th grade. I had to save money for almost 3 years to buy the piece. If anyone has any questions about any specific piece let me know and I'll try and help. I'm hoping to add some more pictures soon.

OP
OP
M

Mooch

Dec 14, 2008
The effigy bead is from Charleston, Missouri just East of Sikeston. Ex. Roy Hathcock collection

SoIll

Oct 6, 2008
Il
my favorite is the polished bottleneck. Whats up with that? That's not the first one of those I've seen, but they're all bottlenecks.

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Real nice stuff for sure! I like the river stained, Holland/Dalton the most. I usually only hunt waterways, so I am kinda partial to the tanic acid stain on flint. Welcome bud, and hope to see more pics.

badandy

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
Very nice frame Mooch. I've seen them in person and can say that pictures doesn't do 'em justice. That's a really nice assemblage and it takes a long time to build a frame like that one. I really love the material on that bottom banner. That's a great piece.

Hippy

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

I am absolutely in Love with the white serrated Hardin point in the upper left hand corner. what a fine piece. Is that also a Mo. point? Great frame. John

OP
OP
M

Mooch

Dec 14, 2008
The white hardin was found near Advance, Missouri down in the bootheel. The hourglasss if from Pike Co, MO.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a Beautiful Collection. Welcome

Fossis...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread