What's new

free display case

Dfxcobb

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2016
Messages
390
Reaction score
887
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
whites mx sport. DFX tesori tiger shark
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
got a little cabinet for free had too cut some of the shelves out of plexiglass..not too sure if o like the mirror in back ..kinda gives you a false sense of more relics than they actually are..but here a few pics
 

Attachments

  • 20191203_172009.webp
    20191203_172009.webp
    597.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 20191203_172110.webp
    20191203_172110.webp
    463.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 20191203_172028.webp
    20191203_172028.webp
    607.9 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
Nice. I actually like the mirror to see the backs of the items. For example, seeing the artillery shell from the fuse end and then seeing the sabot end in the mirror adds to the display of items like this.
 
Nice. I actually like the mirror to see the backs of the items. For example, seeing the artillery shell from the fuse end and then seeing the sabot end in the mirror adds to the display of items like this.

Yes indeed!
 
Looking very good Mr. Cobb :occasion14: Before the years end I'm going to get my display posted up here. Nice job!!
 
Dfxcobb, I really like your display case. My case like yours, has a back mirror. Like Megalodon stated, it gives you a better view of your relics. Your display looks great. Now all we have to do is to continue to fillem' up. Lol
 
Thanks for all the comments i just thought the mirror was too much flash but i see that it serves a purpose
 
Plus1 on keeping the mirrors. Very nice display cabinet!
 
Cool ! when I Clicked on I was thinking you were Offering to Give someone a free Case :laughing7:

btw Nice Lock :coffee2:
 
Great job DFX , you have some nice quality relics there.

I'm still procrastinating on my display , keeping everything by site found makes displaying a little harder for me .

Again Great Job , Merry Christmas
 
I wish my mom, and dad would have taken out the old cabinet from our old home. Broken_detector, and I had that 3-4 tier cabinet full of Civil War relics.
 
Very nice display!
 
thanks
 
Dfxcobb, I hope you and folks were spared from some of those bad storms that passed through your area yesterday and on through the night.
 
Great job you have a great appreciation for your finds as do I though mine arent half as cool. Great job. Merry Christmas
 
no we wasnt spared the storms. there where 2 fatalities pretty close..so sad20191219_120257.webp20191219_120245.webp
 
but I cant help to wonder how much did the weather play apart in the CW. There had to be tornados, flash floods,..ect. Does anybody know if any CW soldiers died due to mother nature
 
Thoughts and Prayers to you all down there!!
 
but I cant help to wonder how much did the weather play apart in the CW. There had to be tornados, flash floods,..ect. Does anybody know if any CW soldiers died due to mother nature

Funny you mention this as I’ve spoke of it many times to others due to my extensive knowledge in tornado genesis, and I will say there are documented cases at the NWS of tornadoes during that period. Somehow many where unscathed due to them fleeing like ants on foot, and horseback, or having an area of breastworks, caves, bluff shelters they could hide within. There were definitely some casualties, but more so with the animals, and camp equipment. There’s a camp we hunt that was hit by a tornado, and you can tell it for sure because one it was documented, and two when you detect it, it’s like a disaster area when looking for good objects. Just imagine a small town lined with tents, and wooden huts that gets hit by a tornado, and what it would be like to detect in an area like that. Take about a 1/8 of a section of where the Joplin tornado hit, and try to detect that. It would be nearly impossible to locate good targets that weren’t mixed in with so much trash it would be hard to discern what was good, and bad.
 
thank you for a great explanation.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom