FREE metal Detector UPDATE!!!!!

S

shreddah

:) :) :) :) :)

okay. so the metal detector I had already was the bounty hunter tracker 2. dont really like it.

but the ones that my grandfather gave me for free today are:
1. Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. seems like a lot of people on the boards have those as well. how do you like them?? they seem better quality. they go for mour than my tracker 2 goes for so opinions?

2. some MD called "famous trails" looks rather old and is much shorter than most MD's. anyone ever heard of this brand of detector? I sure havent.

anyways. Hopefully I find time to test them out tomorrow :D

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good deal, Shreddah. :)

Do you have the manuals, too? It always helps to read the manuals. ;)

Cobalt*Blue

Oct 9, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Bounty Hunter 3300 w/4" coil
I have the Tracker IV and have found plenty with it. It is rugged, lite, and easy to use. However, the discrimination will frustrate you with plenty of false signals and the deepest coin found was at five inches. To maximise its abilities I try to search in all metal mode and then toggle over (switch on the right) to moderate discrimination when right over the sweet spot of a signal. If the signal still sounds promissing in any way...dig. Run the sensitivity at 95% if you can and keep fresh batteries in it.You have a super Grandfather, make sure you share your finds with him. The Seated Liberty dimes (1853,1888), the 14K wedding band and all the other cool stuff I've found didn't care if my MD was inexpensive. Good Luck, chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread