freebees from lady at work!!

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work at a grocery store, in the back where i unfortunately don't get to deal with any money. But my girlfriend works up front and i always remind her to check for silver whenever she's on a register. Im always going up there bugging her to break open a new roll of quarters or dimes, and im always checking the change dispensers for silver rims. She has convinced most people from the front end that i have a problem(which i must admit i probably do)

the other day a middle aged lady said she had collected some silver from her years of working there, and said i could have it if she could find it. I told her that would be great and i would pay her for it.

so i go to work today and she calls me over and gives me a box and this is what i find
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/theekman/image-2_zpsee132d07.jpeg?t=1357181814

i was thinking she only had a few dimes and a few quarters.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/theekman/photo_zps234df371.jpg?t=1357181829

1 90% franklin, 1 90% kennedy, 1 40% kennedy
17 washington quarters
44 rosie dimes
7 merc dimes

When i tried to pay her for the coins all she would take was face value for it. after repeated attempts to offer her a fair value all she took was $10.

comes out to a total of 7.62oz worth $236.44

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice! And no clad to dump! HH, Maverick

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
If she won't take cash, I'd at least get her a small gift to show your appreciation. Who knows, she might find more!

OP
OP
theekman

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If she won't take cash, I'd at least get her a small gift to show your appreciation. Who knows, she might find more!

yeah i plan on doing that, i dont know what to get tho. i was thinking chocolates, but im sure most ppl have had their fair share of those from christmas.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Flowers....
Flowers are not in season this time of year and besides flower's are not worth anything, get her something like a gift card, and if you want, pick some flowers for her. people appreciate picked flowers more than da crap you buy in the stores. i tell ya, all that land used to make commercial flowers, could be used for food production.

flowas are a good touch but you gotta + something else, odawise, it's pointless. sorry for being so frank, but someone gotta speak the truth.

CopperHoarder

Dec 23, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Don't use one yet.
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow man that's a friend to keep for a lifetime lol I would be freaking out if someone gave me all that silver ;p

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!
Gift cards work too. D. Donuts or WalMart cards will always get used by the recipient.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread