OP
OP
W

walleye22

Feb 10, 2004
NC Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites
I failed to say before that the front of the medal that is pictured says "republique francaise". The back of the medal has two dates, 1914 and 1918. Thanks.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

walleye22

Feb 10, 2004
NC Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites
Buckram,

I went to that site and it does look just like it, but of course the ribbon isn't even close to the right color. By the description and from the picture on the site, it must be one and the same with a different ribbon for some reason. Thank you for the info. Would you know if this medal would hold any monetary value? I think that it is a cool find even if not. Thanks.

Upvote 0

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
metal

that is a French Croix de Guerre, two things, the ribbon was overlapped and stitched, check the under-side. the metal for WW1 was red with green stripes. whats happened is the green has faded. cost on some auctions is $90 to $120.00. the dates mean that the unit served in that time frame.
if you can find info on the person that owned the metal would help price wise. check with people around the old house. who owns the land now or county records for land owners. if you have a name then you could contact the Croix de Guerre association.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions