What's new

Fri road trip produces a double Die Kennedy Half

MarkinIa

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
477
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
Hi everybody,

I found this 1977 double die while going through the coins, I guess it pays to look over the coins real good.
It's the best DD that I have found so far. I also found a 1971D cracked die. You can see it going across the top part of the "T". For the day I hit 8 banks and bought a little over $1300.00 in HD's and found the DDO, the cracked die, "35" 40%, "3" 90% and two proofs, a 70S, 2003S.

Thanks for looking







HH Mark
 

Attachments

  • 1977 DDO.webp
    1977 DDO.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 316
  • cracked die 1971D.webp
    cracked die 1971D.webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 299
Upvote 0
Re: Fri road trip produces a double Die Kennedy Half NICE FIND!

Nice eagle eye! I am assuming you pre-ordered your boxes. These banks couldn't all have these boxes in their vault?
 
Difficult to see.

Good eyes

I am wondering how many I have put back into circulation since I do not look for DD or NIFC.
I get the proofs just because I see the S
 
I would have missed that myself. Good eye. :thumbsup:
 
Thanks 55 Double DD, I didn't buy any boxes that day. I just bought what rolls and loose HD's they had.

Thanks Darth Walker

Thanks DigginThePast

Thanks TF
 
Re: Fri road trip produces a double Die Kennedy Half NICE FIND!

55 Double DD said:
Nice eagle eye! I am assuming you pre-ordered your boxes. These banks couldn't all have these boxes in their vault?

If you're in the right part of the country....they will. Read my road trip from 1/2/2009....went through around $4250 in halves that I picked up from banks that I had either never been too before, or had not been there recently. Granted only $160 of mine were fed rolls, the rest were loose or hand rolled.

Would have done more, but I ran out of cash and had to spend a couple hours of the day searching and dumping. The town I ended in had at least a dozen more banks that I never made it too..
 
nice finds Mark
 
Nice finds. Good eyes with the DD, and nice job on that 70S, you lucky dog
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom