What's new

Searching 40% for errors, are these double dies or machine doubling?

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2012
Messages
1,659
Reaction score
1,652
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Today I went through a bunch of 40% Kennedys and found several that I wonder if they are double dies or machine doubling or what?
I bought a small bag of 40%ers from a local coin shop and going through them found 9 90% Kennedy's and what appear to be doubled Obverses, maybe?

1st two pictures are a 1966
S20230319_0001.webp S20230319_0002.webp

2nd two are a 1967
S20230319_0002.webpS20230319_0001.webp

3rd three are a 1967
S20230319_0001.webpS20230319_0002.webpS20230319_0004.webp

4th three are a 1967 with doubling on 9 OD and neck and W
S20230319_0005.webpS20230319_0001.webpS20230319_0002.webp

5th 3 are last 1967

S20230319_0001.webpS20230319_0002.webpS20230319_0006.webp
 
Upvote 1
I see a lot of machine doubling. Sadly, I see no sign of die doubling.

Should anyone see something I missed, I am sure they will chime in.

Time for more coffee.
 
I am afraid you are probably correct. Yet it was a fun search as rather than just stacking them I searched them and also found 9 1964 Kennedy's in with them!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom